PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAM
The purpose of the Kier + Wright (K+W) internship program is to create a pipeline of talented students with the necessary skills and experience to be future K+W employees. An internship will provide practical skills, workplace experience and a greater knowledge of the industry. It will also allow interns to build their network among recognized professionals in the field. Interns successfully completing the program will be given priority consideration for open positions upon graduation.
- Summer Interns will work full-time during their break for approximately 12 weeks
- Winter Interns may work part-time or full-time during break for approximately 2-4 weeks. Summer internship may be a prerequisite
- Year-round Internships will be available for those individuals who have successfully completed a previous intern program with the company
- Livermore, Santa Clara, Gilroy, Manteca, Sacramento, Irvine
- Relocation/housing assistance is not available at this time
WHAT WILL YOU DO
For example, interns may participate in staff meetings, attend presentations, and sit in on meetings with clients when appropriate. Overall, students should be able to relate the internship experience to knowledge and skills that they have gained through college-level classroom instruction. It is important that the student be provided with adequate opportunities to ask questions and receive guidance/feedback. The Focus Areas presented below outline some of the core engineering + surveying services that will be available.
FOCUS AREAS | ENGINEERING
FOCUS AREAS | SURVEYING
Record of Survey